January 2023 Monthly Investment Markets Report
Welcome to Stanford Brown’s Monthly Investment Markets Report for January 2023. We aim to help investors cut through all the media noise and hype and understand what is really driving investment markets and portfolio returns.
This month we cover:
- Inflation and interest rates – How much higher will they go?
- Share markets – why the Australian market held up better than the US and most other markets
- Shares – why the upside potential is always greater than the downside risk
- Shares – are share markets cheap yet, or still expensive? Will they fall further?
- House prices – why there are more price falls (and buying opportunities) ahead, but no major national crisis
- What are the Top 20 Risks facing long term investors, and how do we navigate them?
- Covid update – hopefully our last update on this topic!